Saturday, October 28, 2006

You are powerless to resist

The Isthmus has a round-up of what went down on State St. last night. It looks like the police are planning on being colossally stupid tonight - the claim is that about 15,000 tickets have been sold. This means that the entire rest of the student population is going to go somewhere else - where the police are not - to celebrate Halloween. Personally, I'm pulling for Langdon Street - and I'm hoping the ensuing riot burns the whole street to the ground.

There is also a link to one of the dumbest things I've ever seen - a quote from former UW Sociology Professor Jane Piliavin:
In a crowd, a group mind takes over and you have no ability to resist becoming irrational.

Yep. Resistance is futile!

3 Comments:

Blogger Logan said...

Great quote.

6:48 PM  
Blogger Steve S said...

Haha - Logan, the same thing ran through my head when I read it, but I decided to be a little less explicit in the headline.

2:59 PM  
Anonymous Ben B. said...

I've had Piliavin for a professor and she's quite a brilliant researcher. Even though she may exaggerate...

2:13 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home